Join this family-friendly celebration of London’s rivers. There will be free fun activities, enabling you to discover and explore the Ravensbourne and learn about exciting river projects all across the city:
- The secret life of the river: See and hear the river with our underwater camera and hydrophones
- Test drive a brand new prototype ‘pollution detective’ mini boat (and give it a name!)
- River dipping and mini-beast monitoring
- Arts projects and Nordic walking
- A guided wade along the Ravensbourne river
Londoners who value their rivers and want to find out more about the secrets of the 600km network across the capital can connect with them in more ways than ever before. The week, now in its third year, has the theme of ‘Valuing Water’ and will showcase some of these new ways the public can get involved, including through plastic litter picks, collecting plastic data, monitoring eels and dragonflies, and by test driving prototype pollution-testing lab boats. Otters, trout, bats, kingfishers and eels all use London rivers - but they need help from the public to survive and thrive, in the face of plastic pollution, sewage and the impacts of climate change.
A full list of London-wide events can be found at www.thames21.org.uk/londonriversweek.